Depression is a mood disorder that involves a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. It is different from the mood fluctuations that people regularly experience as a part of life. Major life events, such as bereavement or the loss of a job, can lead to depression.Depression is caused by a combination of genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors. Certain medical conditions may also trigger depression, including an underactive thyroid gland, cancer, heart disease, prolonged pain and other significant illnesses. Hormonally induced depression can arise after childbirth or at menopause as well.
Symptoms of Depression
- Irritability, agitation or restlessness
- Lower sex drive
- Inability to focus, concentrate or make decisions
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Change in appetite and/or weight, eating too much or too little
- Tiredness and lack of energy
- Unexplainable crying spells
- Unexplainable physical symptoms such as headaches or body aches
- Feeling hopeless or worthless
- Withdrawal from social situations and normal activities
- Thoughts of death or suicide
Chakra that gets blocked: All 7
To create an upward spiral of energy and happiness and to feel better more consistently get in touch with us for Reiki Healing, Angel Healing and Chakra Healing and Balancing.