The blue throat chakra resides in the middle of your throat and it’s related to your authenticity, honesty, honor, communications and life purpose. This is where we take things up a notch integrity-wise. The Sankrit name for the throat chakra is “visuddha” which means “purity.”
You can think of the throat as a sort of filter – just look how much more narrow it is than the rest of the body below it! This is where we rise to a higher calling and realize what a huge affect our word has on ourselves and others.
Here are the signs that you have a throat chakra personality:
- You’re a great communicator.
- You’re an inspirational speaker (and also an inspirational person).
- You express yourself in a myriad of different media like speaking, writing, playing an instrument, painting, etc.
- You’re spiritual in your own unique way (awareness of the oneness of all reality).
- You’re good at keeping your word.
- You’re clear on your life purpose and what you’re here to do.
- You’re an innovator.
- You don’t like to be put in a box. You typically avoid the 9-to-5 type schedule.
- You love freedom and autonomy.
- You may find it challenging to be faithful in a monogamous relationship (as you prefer freedom in intimacy).
- You have the vision and skills needed to create positive change in the world.
- You have a strong, pleasing voice.